Everyone is talking about smart city solutions and their benefits, but implementing such solutions is often not straightforward. Moreover, a huge amount of knowledge and experience are available but not exchanged efficiently between cities.
The Enabling Smarter City (ESC) project aims at providing different types of actors with the necessary understanding of these solutions for making justified decisions and taking action to drive these solutions forward. ESC is planning a series of webinars from introduction of opportunities and challenges around Smart City projects to more specific issues that the cities are facing such as governance, finance, data security, etc.
Experts from different fields from all over the world will join and support us in delivering the content to our audiences including decision makers, procurers, planners, practitioners, city advisors, manufacturer, etc.
Join the 1st module of our webinar series:
Title: “Opportunities and Difficulties around Smart City Solutions”
Date: Thursday August 23, 2018
Time: 4:00 – 5:30 PM BST
We will address the areas of:
1. Current Smart City Solutions, Challenges and Barriers (by Christoph Mazur & Mandana Moshrefzadeh)
2. Interoperability Reference Architecture for Smart Cities (by George Percivall)
3. Role of Governance and communities in Smart City Projects (Giulio Quaggiotto)
4. Role of Finance in Smart City Projects (Roli Martin)
5. Introducing the project “Enabling Smarter Cities” (Christoph Mazur)
Our speakrs are:
- George Percivall (Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and Chief Engineer of the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC))
- Giulio Quaggiotto (EIT Climate-KIC Community management Director)
- Roli Martin (Head of Strategic Partnerships in EXTER CityFutures)
- Christoph Mazur (Director of Enabling Smarter Cities, Smart and Sustainable districts core team member, Research fellow in Imperial College London)
- Mandana Moshrefzadeh (Research associate from Technical University of Munich)
Please fill in this short pre-webinar survey. In this survey we would like to know more about the areas you are interested in and expect to hear more about in this webinar. Your input will help us to shape the content of the webinar in a way which benefit all of us.